1. Our Pledge
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals with respect to personal data. We therefore make sure that our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) (the “Ordinance”) under the laws of Hong Kong SAR.
3. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit our website(s), we will record your visit only and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is about you and identifies you) from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our website will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information. For your information, Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers’ computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analysing web surfers’ viewing habits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting a web site and are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the website. You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in our websites.
4. Types of Personally Identifiable Information Collected
At times, you may be asked to provide your personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) including, but not limited to, your name, gender, age, telephone number, fax number, home address, email address, credit card information, bank account number, interests and favourite activities, etc. in order to enjoy the service we offer. Specific purposes for which your Personal Data may be used are set out in our Personal Information Collection Statement under section 7 below, including the use of Personal Data for direct marketing.
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our website with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
Security and Protection Your Personal Data
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our website with restricted access by authorized personnel only. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website you visit.
Access to and Correction of Information
You have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- Access your Personal Data held by us;
- Ask us to correct or update any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- Ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data; and,
- Opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
- In accordance with the Act, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
- Nothing in this PICS shall limit your rights under the Act.
Please note that this Statement may be amended from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check it on a regular basis.
7. Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”)
7.1 As a TFW customer, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your Personal Data when you apply to us and / or continue to subscribe with us for a service and / or product (“Services”). If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the Services to you.
7.2 We shall keep your Personal Data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of Personal Data will be in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR and are as set out in this PICS.
7.3 In this PICS, the following term(s) shall have the following meaning:
“Retail Goods or Services” – means sales of goods or provision of services in relation to any of the following (whether through physical or online channels): food & beverages, restaurants, catering, general merchandise, wine and liquor, cigarette and cigar, clothing, bags, accessories.
7.4 You agree that all the Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- providing the Services;
- analyzing, verifying and / or checking of your credit, payment and / or status in relation to the provision of the Services;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and / or credit facilities requested by you;
- enabling the daily operation of your account and / or the collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the Services;
- carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behavior and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting good and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- providing you with regular communications from us with details of the Services and its benefits;
- the normal management, operation and maintenance of the performance of the Services;
- designing new, or improving existing, Services provided by us to you;
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service improvement;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as required by law;
- aggregated behavioral analysis.
7.5 We would also like to use your Personal Data (including your name, telephone number, address and email address and other information provided to us when you register) for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS or the like) in relation to:
a. offers and promotions from us;
b. other offers and promotions from the third party merchants that we cooperate with to provide benefits to our members in relation to the following types of products or services:
- Retail Goods or Services (as defined above)
- Financial, insurance, banking and credit cards;
- Transportation, travel and accommodation;
- Sports, leisure, recreation and entertainment;
- Telecommunications products and services;
- E-commerce (including trading and payment platforms and online auctions)
Please note that we cannot so use your Personal Data unless we have received your consent.
7.6 We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) to our agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional or other similar services to us and to any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you in connection with a merger, sale or transfer (whether of assets or shares), to use, hold, process or retain such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in paragraphs 7.4 and 7.5 above on our behalf.