18oct7:00 PM- 8:30 PMGonzalez Byass Sherry Tasting12 amazing Sherries under one roof - Plus a FREE bottle to take home!7:00 PM - 8:30 PM The Flying Winemaker Tasting Room, Unit 604-605, Yu Yuet Lai Building, 43-55 Wyndham Street, CentralEvent Type:Regular EventsLevel:Beginner Level
Who is Gonzalez Byass? Established in 1835 by Manuel Maria Gonzalez, Gonzalez Byass is one of Spain's oldest and most well-known sherry bodegas. They are also arguably one of the best
Who is Gonzalez Byass?
Established in 1835 by Manuel Maria Gonzalez, Gonzalez Byass is one of Spain’s oldest and most well-known sherry bodegas. They are also arguably one of the best sherry producers in the world who produce a wide range of styles. Their sherries range from dry to sweet, easy drinking and balanced to complex and intense.
What is Sherry?
Sherry in English or Jerez in Spanish is a fortified wine made from white grapes that are grown near the town of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain. Sherry is produced in a variety of styles and made primarily from the Palomino grape.
Light styles include Manzanilla and Fino and darker, heavier styles include Amontillado and Oloroso.
Sweet dessert styles are made from Pedro Ximenez or Moscatel grapes. They are sometimes blended with Palomino-based Sherries as well to enhance sweetness.
The 12 Sherries on tasting:
- Tio Pepe Fino Palomino Muy Seco – 5 Years
- Una Palmas – 6 Years
- Cristina Oloroso Palomino Fino, Pedro Ximenez – 7 Years
- Alfonso Dry Oloroso Palomino – 8 Years
- Solera 1847 Cream Palomino, Pedro Ximenez – 8 Years
- Nectar PX Pedro Ximenez – 9 Years
- Vina AB Amontillado Palomino – 12 Years
- Leonor Palo Cortado Palomino – 12 Years
- Del Duque Amontillado Palomino Muy Viejo V.O.R.S – 30 Years
- Apostoles Palo Cortado Palomino, PX Muy Viejo V.O.R.S – 30 Years
- Matusalem Cream Palomino, PX Muy Viejo V.O.R.S – 30 Years
- NOE PX Pedro Ximenez Muy Viejo V.O.R.S – 30 Years
*For each ticket purchased, you will recieve one complimentary bottle of Tio Pepe Fino Palomino Muy Seco – 5 Years
(Thursday) 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
The Flying Winemaker Tasting Room
Unit 604-605, Yu Yuet Lai Building, 43-55 Wyndham Street, Central
The Flying Winemakernicole@flyingwinemaker.com.hk 2003B, 20/F Arion Commercial Centre, 2-12 Queens Road West, Sheung Wan